Direct Support Professional
Position Type: Hourly
(not to exceed 40 hours/week)
As a Direct Support Professional, your objective will be to provide direct care & support to individuals with developmental disabilities in a day support setting.
A Direct Support Professional models acceptable behavior and acts as an effective role model.
- Keeps the Team Leader & Program Manager informed of activities and unusual conditions, events, or emergencies as indicated in the policy, procedure, and company handbook.
- Remains current in all required training and participates in additional professional development opportunities related to client care, skills training, and behavior management.
- Provides documentation for personnel record.
- Ensures personnel file has an updated copy of car insurance.
- Attends all requested staff meetings and training. Works as a team member.
- Provides service delivery in a safe and respectful manner abiding by Harmony Policy and Procedures, Department of Behavioral Health regulations, Human Rights Regulations, Medicaid, Federal and State Laws, and best practices.
- Actively engages with individuals.
- Observes, records, and reports individual’s behavior, attitude and physical condition in the daily Activity Notes and Data Logs at the end of each day.
- Provides supervision to individuals ensuring their health & safety.
- Implements the Token Economy. Assists in developing person-centered activities.
- Implements using lectures, discussions, role-playing methods, etc. Activities will be tailored to meet the outcomes and needs specific to the individuals Person Centered Plan.
- Provides skill development and support through direct training to individuals with developmental disabilities. The emphasis being on adaptive behavior, effective, cognitive, sensorimotor, social, speech & language, vocational, and health & safety.
- Teaches and assists individuals with eating, dressing, and other self-care skills appropriate for day support. Is proactive in discussing client issues related to health, safety and behavioral needs, as well as participating in problem-solving and implementation of behavioral strategies promoting pro-social behavior.
- Provides community engagement as scheduled